Saturday, May 4, 2013

Calming the Chaos

A huge THANKS to Kristy at 3 Peas and a Dog for arranging this great blog hop. Check out my fun lesson idea for reading about and making a dreamcatcher (step-by-step directions and pictures included) and then hop on over to the other creative blogs that are partiipating and sharing end-of-the-year ideas.

State Testing is over (except for the Science exam in May)... the end of the school is near... time for some fun! I like to end the school year with a few inspirational lessons and a fun craft. Yes, I said craft! Read aloud one of these great books about dreamcatchers and follow it up with your students making their own dreamcatcher (step-by-step directions click here).  It's amazing what you can make with a paper plate, yarn and a few feathers. You can even tie it into Native American curriculum.  What a great way to spend an hour or two of class time. Have Fun!



Isaac's Dreamcatcher by Bonnie Farmer



Grandmother's Dreamcatcher by Becky Ray McCain
Blog Hop Participants
Check out this Great Giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. I've made dreamcatchers before but haven't made them with students before - sounds like my idea of a great lesson! How do you purchase materials; is it costly?

    I love your blog colors - fun! I'm your newest follower.
    Follow me at Mrs. Harris Teaches Science


    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun! I think you could even link up this post with the Read Aloud Linky Party I'm hosting starting tomorrow. I didn't want to put it out the same day as the Calming The Chaos blog hop. If you get a chance hop on over and say hi!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and fun activity for the end of the year. I love how you incorporate literature in with this craft activity. Love it! Your newest follower: The Learning Lab: Freebie Weathering and Erosion How to make a Rain Gauge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching kids to do craft. That is a good idea that comes handy as my kids are having school holidays soon. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover